Mobile Chipping Now Available for Eastern Skamania County and Western Klickitat County Residents
We are currently funded for the mobile chipping program in eastern Skamania County (east of Dog Mountain) and western Klickitat County (west of the Klickitat River). To sign up for the mobile chipping service in this area, please click the link at the bottom of the page to be directed to our sign-up form.
If you are located in western Skamania County and would like to be put on our interest list for chipping, please fill out the form HERE. If and when additional funding becomes available, you will be contacted.
UCD’s mobile chipper program is currently available to rural residents of eastern Skamania and western Klickitat Counties to help reduce wildfire hazards around the home by responsibly disposing of piles of limbs, brush and small trees (less than 5” in diameter). This program is available while funding lasts and as weather allows.
- Piles should be neatly hand-stacked brush and tree limbs up to 5” diameter
- Piles should be stacked no more than 6 feet high, with the larger end of the limbs facing out towards the chipper
- Material to be chipped should be only woody debris generated from Firewise activities and must be free of mud, rocks, vines, poison oak, lumber products, etc.
- Piles must be easily accessible by a full-size truck with tow-behind chipper
- Service will be based on a first come, first served basis
Note: Work lists are compiled as requests are received. Lists are sent out to chipping crews for scheduling when a sufficient number of requests have been received. UCD is not able to schedule specific appointments for the chipper; however, you do not need to be present for the chipping.
To get your pile on the work list simply follow the link below to complete the sign-up form.