July 2017 Update: We are currently out of funds for the mobile chipping program. If you would like to be put on our wait list for chipping, please fill out the form below, call Jan at 509-493-1936, or email your name, address, and phone number to firstname.lastname@example.org. If and when additional funding becomes available, you will be contacted.
UCD’s mobile chipper program is available to rural residents of Skamania and Western Klickitat Counties to help reduce wildfire hazards around the home by responsibly disposing of piles of limbs, brush and small trees (less than 5” in diameter). This program is available while funding lasts and as weather allows.
- Piles should be neatly hand-stacked brush and tree limbs up to 5” diameter
- Please stack piles no more than 6 feet high, and face all cut ends out towards the chipper
- Please, no piles that have been cleared or stacked by a tractor or heavy equipment— they will not be chipped
- Material to be chipped must be free of mud, rocks and other debris and piles should not contain vines, poison oak, blackberry or lumber products– we will not be able to chip your pile if these items are included
- Piles must be accessible by a full-size pickup with tow-behind chipper
- Service will be based on a first come, first served basis
To get your pile on the work list simply complete the form below, or contact us by phone (509) 493-1936 or email email@example.com.
Note: Work lists are compiled as requests are received. Lists are sent out to chipping crews for scheduling when a sufficient number of requests have been received. UCD is not able to schedule specific appointments for the chipper; however, you do not need to be present for the chipping.